It is our mandate at Climb Base5 to create a safe and fun environment for all visitors to our gym. Failure to obey our rules will result in climbing suspension without refund. Please continue to check Climb Base5 social feeds for any other updates to come.
Members & punch pass holders no longer need to book a time slot. Come at your leisure during our hours of operation. Those who do not have an active membership or punch pass need to book a drop-in. Please inform yourself of our new policies and procedures as everyone will appreciate and benefit from all of us being responsible for our own actions.
COVID-19 Safety Plan
Control measures for maintaining physical distance
- Desk staff work alone as much as possible.
- All staff and patrons are required to maintain a distance of 2 meters from others.
- Climbers are instructed to remain a minimum of 2 meters away from others while climbing. This usually means leaving at least one anchor point between themselves and other climbers.
- Instructors and coaches are required to prioritize verbal instructions and visual demonstrations for the correct use of all safety equipment.
- We have changed the capacity of the washrooms to 1 person at a time and we have blocked off one of the sinks to prevent anyone from standing within 2m of anyone else while washing their hands.
Reducing the risk of person-to-person transmission
- Staff are required to wash their hands immediately upon arriving at the facility and frequently during their shifts.
- We have incorporated all high-touch surface areas, including those in staff areas, into our cleaning protocols. These areas are cleaned at least twice a day.
- All rules have been clearly communicated to our staff members and reminders are available in the form of materials available at the front desk.
- Other PPE such as gloves, can be found in the storage are and behind the front desk. These items are to be used when handling chemicals for cleaning during our regular sanitization processes.
- Single-use masks are provided both behind the desk and in the storage area, however are not required in the facility.
- We have installed a sink at both gym locations, in addition to the sinks in the washrooms to enable frequent hand-washing.
- Employees are required to wash their hands as soon as they enter the building and during their shifts.
- Hand sanitizer is also available in a number of areas throughout the facility.
- All high-touch areas are cleaned twice a day by Desk Staff.
These areas include:
- The front desk – both the public and employee sides
- Banisters and handrails
- Bathroom stall doors
- Urinal and toilet flushes
- Sink areas and taps
- Carabiners on autobelayers
- The workout area and equipment
- Disinfectant is used and left for the required 10 minutes needed for it to work effectively. The disinfectant that we use is on the approved list of disinfectants suitable for use against COVID-19 in the workplace.
- The Desk Staff are required to complete a cleaning checklist which records what they have cleaned.
- Each Desk Staff Member has been given full training on what to clean and has the appropriate materials to do it.
If someone may be sick
- According to gym policy, anyone (staff and guests like) who falls under the following categories must self-isolate at home:
- Anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days
- Anyone directed by Public Health to self-isolate
- Anyone who is feeling sick, even with mild symptoms, must report this to the Manager. The employee will be asked to go straight home and told to consult the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool, or call 811 for further guidance related to testing and self-isolation.
- If the employee is severely ill (e.g., difficulty breathing, chest pain), 911 will be called.
- Any surfaces that a sick employee has come into contact with will be thoroughly cleaned with disinfectant.
Additional measures to minimize risks to staff and guests
- Desk Staff are scheduled to work alone as much as possible.
- Should the risk of violence arise as customers and members of the public adapt to restrictions or modifications to the facility, we have instructed staff to contact the Manager first, and if the situation cannot be de-escalated, the relevant authorities (e.g. the Police).
- All employees have received appropriate training in our COVID-19-related procedures and policies – this includes when to stay at home if they are feeling sick.
- Managers are responsible for ensuring that all policies are being followed.
- We constantly monitor risks and listen to the concerns of our staff and members of the public.
- We make changes to our policies and procedures as necessary.
- Employees have been instructed to go to their direct supervisors with health and safety concerns.
- Any changes will be communicated to employees via our communication forum (Slack).
Screening, Occupancy, and Contact Tracing
- There are signs in the entry way to the facility which display Covid-19 symptoms and state that anyone experiencing symptoms should not enter the facility.
- Upon check-in Desk Staff Members must ask customers if they are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms. They will be told to leave if the answer is yes.
- All customers 12 and over (subject to exceptions as confirmed by the current PHO) must display proof of vaccination upon entry to the facility as well government issued photo ID where appropriate and in accordance with the PHO.
- Customers who wish to do so, may sign a consent form in order to have their vaccine status held on file.
- All drop-in customers must fill out a questionnaire confirming that, they do not have symptoms of COVID-19, they have not been exposed to the covid virus, nor anyone else who may have been exposed, and they have not been required to self-isolate when they book their time slots.
- RockGymPro’s Check-In system doubles as contact tracing information so we are able to contact those who have entered the facility.
- Contact information and check-in records for each guest are saved indefinitely.
- Each guest and staff member must check in as soon as they arrive at the facility and check out when they leave.
Other safety measures
- All climbers must use a layer of liquid chalk before they apply dry chalk – liquid chalk has an alcohol content of upwards of 60% and therefore is effective in neutralizing possible viruses or germs found on the hands.
- Drop-in timeslots will only be available to book 14 days prior to the Session Date.
- Ensure you are booking for the correct location as there are two separate links
- Be mindful of your fellow climbers and cancel your bookings as soon as you cannot make it. If you booked your timeslot on the RGPro Connect App you can cancel directly from the “My Recent Bookings” button. Please email the gym if you booked online or over the phone.
- Cancel by email:
- Coquitlam: email@example.com
- North Vancouver: firstname.lastname@example.org
Supervisor | Belayers | Spectators
- *** You DO NOT have to be a member to supervise, spectate or belay. You just have to be accompanying a member or punch pass holder ***
- There is a fee of $10.00
Supervision Mandatory Ratios:
- Children 5 and under – 1 adult: 1 child
- Children 6-13yo – 1 adult: 2 children
- Adult spectators, supervisors and/or belayers – 1 adult: 4 adults
- You may use ball chalk in addition to liquid chalk
- We ask you continue to use liquid chalk as a base layer
- Proof of a second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine is required for people 12 and older.
- If you would like to keep your vaccination status on your profile with us, please fill out our consent form at our front desk.
- If you prefer not to have your vaccination status on your profile, please have your QR code and a valid piece of government ID ready upon check in.
- Still currently required until April 8th 2022